Saturday, January 28, 2012

Other World Chapter one: Welcome to Other World


The winter is coming... The weather forecaster reported that there will be heavy rainfalls today... I better go to school or else I will be late again. I'd have to watch myself because no one else will reprimand me.  My mother died when I was young and my father suffers from Hemorrhagic Stroke.

My name's Tarouko Katsugaya, 16 years old, sophomore student of Brigade High. I don't have much friends from the outside world but I do have one and that is Kagami Muyen, 15 years old. Unlike the others, she's the person whom I trust and often talk to.

Afterall I'm an OTAKU -- It's a stereotypical Japanese term for people obssessed with anime or anything related to the aforementioned entertainment genre. Many people think that 'otakus' are weirdos, but she treats me as a normal person despite of my character.


*Campus bell Rings from a distance*

"Oh no.. I better run or else I'm gonna be late again...."

"Katsugaya-kun!" A voice coming behind my back.

I turn around and saw Kagami running towards me. Her face shows that she's in a hurry.

"oh Kagami, it's rare for you to be so late", I paused as I talk to her.

"Oh, that's right! I stayed up late to finish my Math Assignment how b'out you?" Kagami asked cheerfully.

"Oh no!"

"Why? is there something wrong?"

"I-i forgot to do my math assignment" I said on a lower tone and bow my head for disappointment.

"Oh dear, that's trouble...here take this." Kagami said and then she hands me her Notebook.

"w-wait, it's cheating right? and besides, y-you did hard work for this.." I try to refuse her help for what I seem feels like was I'm abusing her kindness but-

"But I always wanted to help you Katsugaya-kun"

"t-t-thanks... let's go we're gonna be late" I Grab Kagami's hand and we run together.


*8:09am* (First subject) -=Literature=-

As expected. I'm late again, Kagami also...
I get scolded by our teacher while kagami was given an excuse.

My classmates were somehow laughing at me secretly to avoid getting noticed and I feel embarrassed in front of them.

I can't focus on the lecture of what our teacher is speaking right now since I was thinking about how am I going to deal with my math assignment I mean I can't always ask Kagami for help.

*10:00am* (recess)

"Katsugaya-kun.. hurry up and copy that, our next subject will be math. I'll just go take a break on the cafeteria be back with you in a minute" Kagami said as she exits the room with her friends.

"o-ok t-take care", I said in a hasty way.

2 minutes later after that, Some bullies tried to pester me again.

-HEYYYY!!! is that TAROUKO..-, A male arrogant voice coming from the back door.

-HEY weirdo!!! COME HERE!!-

Oh boy, here they are again Kyle and his Gang.
I'm always ended up being bullied by them because I lack of self-esteem and self-confidence, a courage to make friends with somebody and because of my Personality of being a loner they know that no one will defend me.

-Hey! what's that your copying...Don't tell me it's..kagami-chan's lettering.. WAIT YOUR CHEATING!!, Kyle said with a high pitch and surprised to see that I have Kagami's Math Notebook.

"K-kagami lend it to me..." I said in a calmed and a little frightened voice.

-ohhhh??? SHE DID? that CUTE KAGAMI? lend it to a poor bastard like you???  DONT MAKE ME LAUGH! NOW HAND IT TO ME- Kyle  said in a Arrogant tone.

"no..."

-Ohhhh?? so your fighting back now huh since where did you learn to fight back? Do you know who your talking to huh? kid?! I'm Kyle! The Leader of the Brigade Fraternity Club. hehe hey guys! let's teach this weirdo a lesson and on how he should well respect me.., Kyle said in a Haughty Tone while readying his fist.

"-Sure boss.. hehehe"

They were all laughing at me in spite that I'm weak they already knew their gonna win, but I have no choice...I must protect this notebook....Kagami gave me.

I quickly put Kagami's Notebook in my bag and Kyle quickly started a fight by punching me in the face. Then his other two members of his gang started to hold both of my arms to make me look Vulnerable and Open, Kyle gives me 3 big blows on my body and finishing me by kicking on the face until I drop down on the floor. I groan in pain while my classmates were too afraid to stop the fight and some of them were even enjoying it. I already expecting that this thing would gonna happen...


-HAH! You look like an insect there! look at you! SQUIRMING AROUND! IM GOING TO PULVERIZE YOU!, Kyle said in a vaunter tone.

I can't fight back, so I'll just closed my eyes hoping for a miracle to stop this fight. Then suddenly...

"STOOOP IT!!!!!" A voice coming from the front door. I saw Kagami with a angry expression.

"kagami?!" I yelled to myself.

"Leave him alone!" Kagami shouted in a Defending manner.
-Hmmff...,WELL ISN'T IT THE Student Council President Ms Kagami! mind if you go with me later?-,Kyle said as he laughs at his Boastfulness.

"PERVERT! I'm going to Report you into the Student Council and settle your punishment", Kagami yelled and show authority by looking Kyle with a fierce look.

-HEHEHE..Cm'on guys! let's go grab some drinks in the cafeteria!, Kyle said as he leaves the room from the Back door with a smile of  arrogance.

The students goes back to their usual doings while Kagami walk towards me.

"Are you okay? Katsugaya-kun", Kagami said to me in a worried manner.

"yeah I'm not that beat up, I'm fine.", I said to her while smiling and showing some sort of coolness so that she won't need to worry about it.

"t-thank God... why did you have to fight with him you know your no match with that guy especially with his gang", She scold me after that mess and wipe my face with her handkerchief.

"yeah, I know, I know that I'm weak, I'm not good at fighting and I'm not good in socializing with anybody. I were ignoring him all the time.

but... he's after your notebook I just did the right thing........saving this notebook away from him", I said in a low and calm voice apparently more like whispering.

"y-y-you did?", Kagami felt guilty and blushed suddenly.

"y-yeah... afterall your my only friend Kagami.", I started to Smile to let her know that I'm fine.

"O///O", Kagami Blushed and was speechless.


*Campus Bell Rings*


"Oh no it's already Math!" Kagami said changing the topic.

"here you can have this back" I said to her as I give back her notebook.

"b-but you haven't even started yet" Kagami said.

"what for... I don't even have the time" I said with a little bragging tone.

"yeah.. your right.." kagami said to me as she look down.

"Don't worry..I'll be fine" I look up in the window then I started to smile.



*After the Math Class*



The Teacher gave me a red mark for not doing my assignment, as usual, I get embarrassed in front of the class. Kagami felt a little guilt and feel bad about me.


*Few Hours Have Later*

It's end of the Class and most of my classmates feel the excited as it's Friday and most of them already run outside, me on the other hand, remained on my sit and think about Kagami but i  I can't walk home with her  right now Because she'll be going to the Student Council Committee and I'm also worried about my illed Father for not going home early. I grab my bag and started to walk outside the classroom, I notice that my classmates were heading home in groups some were on their friends, Other's were busy texting to their Love-ones, it must be good in their high school life I'm quite jealous afterall I didn't experience any of that ever since.

I walk outside the Campus and headed to the gates then I turn right to the bridge since it's far more easier to get home while using that route. While walking at the Bridge towards home, I keep thinking on how will I change my personality towards others and how will my life change from being a Loser. I keep thinking on that until I reach home.

After getting home, I open the door and I saw my dad lying on the sofa watching T.V. I lay down my things under the table beside it and start cooking for our dinner. My dad Can't move well because of his Stroke that's why I'm the only one he'll depend on. I wash my faced on the sink in the Kitchen and wiping it with a towel so that the bruise or the mark of the fight from Kyle earlier won't be much noticeable.

 I fed my Dad by scooping up the food and gently placing it near his mouth so that he can eat it. he always say thanks and smile to me in return, but this time he gave me this old 5 yen coin as a Gratitude. He says that this 5 yen coin is not an ordinary coin and it came from a Feudal Era and said that this coin has a hidden potential. I put the old 5 yen coin in my pocket even though I'm not going to use it for it is too old and not worth any value today just to let him see that I appreciate it I smiled to him and put it on my pocket.

I take some small dish and eat less, then clean the kitchen as well as the living room then walk upstairs to my room. After reaching my room, I grasp the doorknob gently and slowly open it and I walk right in and lock myself where I could feel relaxed and away from the Outside World. I'm all completely safe from my room because this is my only World. I can see my Anime Collections and Manga everywhere, The Posters were placed in both walls and my Plasma T.V has a anime Stickers on it. The Bookshelves were filled with Manga Books and the study table contains my Artworks of Anime, The Closet contains a lot of Anime DVDs and in my next table is a dozen of plushies I've been collecting.

I talk to my Plushie's  whenever I'm down and sometimes hug them whenever I'm scared. I've been telling them stories about my experiences in School and how boring it is to live outside World then laugh with them pretending that they'll laugh back. I know it seems weird but I also talk to them everyday as if they were my only friends and my classmates.

*10:05PM Later*


After Watching some Anime Show in the T.V, I went downstairs to check my dad's schedule for his Medicine then I noticed that the Medicine Cabinet was empty and it was raining heavy outside. My Dad was sleeping in the sofa on the living room So I need to be quiet.

I took the Big Umbrella, wore my Jacket and Went outside to the nearest Convenient Store to buy some medicine for my dad. It's getting foggier any minute so I quickly run carefully, after a few minutes I reach the Convenient Store and they were almost at closing time.

I brought the medicine and pay it with my money and headed back home, not too far from the intersection on where I usually take route, it's almost foggy and I can't even see the road I'm walking. It's getting foggier and foggier until I completely can't see a thing and completely lost.

It took a few minutes before the fog went off and I was in middle of an old park, maybe I went too far from walking as I look at my surroundings, The Park was separated by dark big bushes and old bench that were used to be a good sightseeing in the public. I can see an old Fountain in the middle and some playground. as I walk into the end of the park I saw a very old Well in the corner. Townsfolk used to throw coins at this well to make their wishes come true I might as well try and make a wish I remember that my Father gave me this old 5 Yen Coins so I'll use it as my offering.




 "I wish my life will change...".





I throw the old 5 Yen coin my dad gave me earlier and suddenly The Well Flashed Bright. It's like it's flashing below the well.

Without Hesitation I went to look what's flashing up then suddenly the Well Sucked me up from the Flashing Hole.  I don't know what happen to myself after that.....




No comments:

Post a Comment

Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.